Canadian Federation of University Women (CFUW)
CFUW is a non-partisan, voluntary, self-funded organization with over 100 CFUW clubs, located in every province across Canada. Since its founding in 1919, CFUW has been working to improve the status of women, and to promote human rights, public education, social justice, and peace. CFUW is the largest affiliate of Graduate Women International (GWI), which is the leading girls’ and women’s global organization run by and for women, advocating for women’s rights, equality and empowerment through access to quality education and training up to the highest levels.
- informs the federal government about CFUW policies on education, the status of women, human rights, justice, social and environmental issues
- provides members with opportunities to network at local, regional, provincial, national and international meetings
- supports the CFUW Charitable Trust, which receives individual and club donations; and administers funds for Graduate Awards and Fellowships and The Creative Music Award through the Banff School of the Performing Arts in Alberta.
Graduate Women International (GWI)
To sign up for GWI updates, click here
The Graduate Women International (GWI) is an international network linking women graduates from all cultures, all fields of study, all professions and all generations.
GWI has national affiliates in 62 countries, including the Canadian Federation of University Women (CFUW), and individual members in more than 40 others.
It was founded in 1919 after World War I by women graduates who believed in the importance of working together for peace, international understanding and friendship. Today their mission is to promote lifelong education for women and girls; promote international cooperation, friendship, peace and respect for human rights for all, irrespective of their gender, age, race, nationality, religion, political opinion, gender and sexual orientation or other status; advocate for the advancement of the status of women and girls; and encourage and enable women and girls to apply their knowledge and skills in leadership and decision-making in all forms of public and private life.
GWI provides a global voice for women graduates, working for the adoption and implementation of international agreements that will protect and benefit all women and girls.
Want to Keep up to date on news and events?
All members are subscribed to our newsletter or check us out on Facebook. Contact our Communications Chair for more information.
- Webinar list
- Facebook public page
- Facebook group page
- GWI Update Newsletter: After signing into the Members Corner go to GWI Material on this page is a link to previous newsletters and a link to subscribe so they are sent to your email address (or click this link)
- GWI Member Discussion Network: After signing into the Members Corner go to Tools & Resources then Discussion Network, there is a link to subscribe to the Connections Network and the Discussion Network so all discussion posts are emailed to you:
- Connections Network
- Discussion Network
- Webinar notifications: email email@example.com to request to be added to email list
- Facebook public page
- Twitter feed
- LinkedIn Group
Board of Directors: