Welcome to the Canadian Federation of University
Women Edmonton (CFUW Edmonton)
- We offer membership to every woman university graduate, women who support the objectives of CFUW, and women who are university students.
- Members are active in public affairs, work together for equality for women and girls, to raise the social, economic, political and legal status of women, as well as to improve education, the environment, peace, justice and human rights.
- Meetings on educational, political, social and cultural issues with a focus on equality for women and girls.
- We also offer opportunities for fun, friendship, and learning. Our Interest Groups span a wide range of topics from literature, health, the environment, film, bridge and cuisine.
- Development, research and review of resolutions for consideration at the CFUW or CFUW Alberta Council Annual General Meetings.
- Supporting female graduate students through scholarships and bursaries.
- The CFUW Edmonton brochure can be printed for your reference and to share with others.
2017 Upcoming Events:
- November 20, 2017 General Meeting 7-9pm
SPEAKER: Kim Armstrong, Deputy Minister of Alberta Seniors and Housing
About Kim Armstrong
Presenting: SLAM – Struck Like a Match – Inspiring, Igniting and Inciting Women in Leadership (selected sections)
- More Upcoming Events in November – May
- October 16, 2017 General Meeting 7-9pm
- SPEAKER: Jacquelyn Cardinal
About Jacquelyn Cardinal
Presenting: On Spirit and Intent: A Roadmap to Contemporary Treaty Relations
Presentation notes and Governance diagram
Contact: Jacquelyn Cardinal
Director of Experience | Naheyawin
- BOOK BIN SALE
At this meeting the CFUW Edmonton Academic Awards Fund offered the Joyce Macdonald Memorial BOOK BIN SALE to help raise money for our Bursary and Scholarship programs.
- SOCIAL MEDIA MINI WORKSHOP 6-6:30pm
Members learned what scoial media is, how it works, and how to connect with people.
- September 29 and 30, 2017: Prairie Gathering. Hosted by CFUW Edmonton (more information) Members from Manitoba, Saskatchewan and Alberta attended. Special Guest singer/songwriter Terry Morrison.
- September 18, 2017 Monthly meeting and Getting to Know CFUW
- Speaker: Mary Pat Barry, About Mary PatAmplifying Our Collective Voice: Ideas on Mobilizing the CFUWSpeaking notes and followup suggestions
- General Meeting Minutes Sept 18 2017_draft
- March: Resolutions– see March meeting minutes here
- February 27: Presenter: Denise Woollard talked about her experience becoming and serving as an MLA for Edmonton-Mill Creek for the past two years. – meeting minutes
- For Review:
- December Social: Presentation by Amy MacLeod on the Secret Life of Bears. Holiday fun times!
- Presentation by Patricia Paradis – Executive Director, Centre for Constitutional Studies, University of Alberta. She will speak about LEAF (Legal Education and Action Fund, Canada).
- Presentation by Marian Bruin, Supervisor of Edmonton Community Initiatives and Coordination. and Joyce MacDonald Memorial Book Sale.
- September 19, Get to Know CFUW: Programs and Interest Groups overview, Visioning Session results, and Special Events 2016-2017